Billings Estate National Historic Site: Easter at the Estate FULL!
April 8 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Registration is now full for this event.
Spring has arrived at the Billings farm! Join us at the museum to explore our community’s agricultural heritage with fun, hands-on family activities. Decorate pre-dyed eggs, plant carrots for the growing season, challenge yourself to a market-themed scavenger hunt, see how wool is dyed, and more! Meet some new furry, feathered, and scaled friends at the petting zoo and catch a puppet show. *Advance registration is required.
Saturday, April 8: Morning (10 am to 12:30 pm) and Afternoon (1:30 pm to 4 pm).
Cost: $18.90 per group (six people max per group; see “how to register” below).
Family friendly (best suited for families with kids ages 10 and under).
How to register:
Register online at https://register.ottawa.ca using the activity codes listed below or by using the location search to filter for events at Billings Estate National Historic Site. Only one registration ($18.90) is required per group. Each group may include up to 6 participants; at least one adult per group must be present to accompany children. Registration should be completed by an adult (18+) who will be present on the day of the program. Children 5 years of age and under will not be counted toward the group maximum of 6 participants.
Morning session (10 am to 12:30 pm) – 55805
Afternoon session (1:30 pm to 4 pm) – 55868
Registration is non-transferable and non-refundable. Please bring proof of registration (printed or saved to your mobile device) with you on the day of the program to facilitate the check-in process.
– This program will be delivered primarily in English. Bilingual (English/French) staff may be present to assist visitors and all printed materials will be provided in both languages.
– The recommended final entry will be 1 hour prior to end of your registered session (11:30 am for the morning session; 3 pm for the afternoon session). You are welcome to plan your arrival any time during your registered session.
– All reasonable attempts will be made to ensure any chocolate distributed as part of this program is nut free, however, we cannot guarantee a 100% nut free environment.
– This program will run rain or shine and will take place primarily outdoors on the museum grounds. Please check the forecast and dress for weather conditions, including proper footwear for wet grass, snow, or muddy grounds.
– In the event of extreme weather conditions or other circumstances which may disrupt or prevent the program from running as scheduled, all registered participants will be contacted by museum staff with information regarding their options.
Accessibility and sensory advisories:
– The Community Quilts exhibition will be open to visitors. It is located on the second floor of the museum and is accessible via a set of stairs.
– The museum grounds include gravel pathways, grass, and uneven terrain. Due to the season, the grounds may be wet, muddy, or still have some snow cover.
– Higher attendance for this program may result in loud noises and crowds.
– Please be aware that there will be a petting zoo with rabbits, guinea pigs, tortoise, birds, chinchillas, and small reptiles.
– Hardboiled eggs will be used in the egg decorating activity; we will have a small number of alternatives to hardboiled eggs available to those who request them.
– If you have questions or concerns regarding accessibility, please contact the museum by phone at 613-580-2088 ext. 35250 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information about accessibility can be found on the museum web page: Ottawa.ca/BillingsEstate.