- This event has passed.
Nepean Museum: Dream Catcher Workshop
October 23, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Learn to build a dream catcher at Nepean Museum with facilitators from FabLab Onaki. Participants in this workshop will use digital fabrication tools and traditional materials, including sinew, red willow twigs, and goose feathers, to complete their dream catcher. Light refreshments will be served.
FabLab Onaki is the first Indigenous FabLab in Canada. Adapting the Digital Fabrication Laboratory model developed by MIT, FabLab Onaki integrates the traditional values of the First Peoples and places practical and experimental approaches at the heart of learning. “Onaki” means “roots” in Anishinabeg.
Sunday, October 23 from 1 pm to 4 pm.
Ages 16 and up.
Cost: $75 per person.
Advance registration is required. The deadline to register is October 16.
– This workshop is presented in English.
– Advance registration is required and the deadline to register is Sunday, October 16. Workshops with insufficient registration may be cancelled. If an alternative cannot be offered, a refund will be issued.
– Please note that the final design may vary from the finished project pictured in marketing materials.
– Visit the Ottawa Hand in Hand web page for information on available financial supports to facilitate participation in recreation and culture programs. https://bit.ly/3dM41Ih
– If you have questions or concerns regarding accessibility, please contact the museum by phone at 613-580-9638 or by email at email@example.com. Additional information about accessibility can be found on the museum web page.